That's what columnist Adrian Cristobal uses when he wants to say, 'Time flies.' It's the gravitas or lordliness lent by Latin, you know. Just a couple of days ago, I was complaining of extreme humidity and copious sweating. Now everything is sopping wet and there's flooding on the road because the rain has been pouring in continuous torrents the whole day. The humming it made "became another form of silence," to plagiarize Gabriel Garcia Marquez a bit.
There are five crazy news stories I have read and heard lately:
1. A young man drowns in one of the water reservoirs of the metro and his body is yet to be recovered. If you're not careful about your tap, you might be drinking the essence of a human being.
2. Two pairs of male and female actors, including that Ilonggo guy in the PLDT ad, consent to do a naked acting workshop and complain after finding out that they were being videotaped. This is so confusing. Did they mean they weren't aware there were cameras? Is this another case of Jojo Veloso's hidden camera?
3. Extraconstitutionally deposed former president Erap declares that he is still the president. Ano ito, April Fool's Day in May?
4. Loi Ejercito finds herself entering Malacanang for the first since the former First Family's disgraceful exit. Despite Erap Estrada, or because of him, I've always looked at Dr. Loi as somewhat sainted that I cannot bring myself to say a bad word against her. Nonetheless, this item is weird.
5. Congress approves a Ferdinand Edralin Marcos Day. My personal message: You are all so uncool.
It's fun to do a Joe Guevarra (Manila Bulletin columnist) sometimes.
Tuesday, May 27, 2003
Posted by R.O. at 9:31 AM